These House Rules (“Rules”) show which guidelines apply to the participants (“Participants”) of the Greentech online community (“Community”) provided to you by RAI Amsterdam B.V.
1. IntroductionBefore we explain more about our Rules we will first explain what an online Community entails.
“An online community is an aggregation of individuals or business partners who interact around a shared interest, where the interaction is at least partially supported and/or mediated by technology and guided by some protocols or norms.” All communities retain its cohesion through a set of accepted behaviours. These may be viewed as ‘common sense’, but with online communities interpersonal clues are missing. As such we need to be more aware of how our written words might be understood by others. Our Rules are here to support and remind the Participants of the most appropriate ways to engage with fellow members. The aim is to protect every Participant who reads or contributes to the Community and to help everyone have a positive experience.
2. The main areas of the siteThe Community is designed to encourage knowledge sharing, networking and discussions.To facilitate these activities we offer three main elements:
3. Rights and responsibilities of the Participants By registering on the Greentech.nl website the Participant will join a Community and gain access to valuable content. The Greentech website of the Event and the Community are distinguished by three guiding principles, which define the rights and responsibilities of the Participants:
3.1 You are who you say you areWith the declaration of one’s real identity there is commitment, greater likelihood that Participants will be truthful with each other and a stronger chance that relationships formed online will blend into long-lasting "real life" relationships. Therefore, we asks The Participant not to use aliases or pseudonyms. Although usernames are permitted, no anonymous users will be allowed on the site
3.2 You own your own detailsParticipants can add or remove their personal details at any time and therefore control their own participation
3.3 You own your own wordsA Participant retains ownership of the copyright and retains the moral rights in what he creates and publishes. However, in publishing on the Community a Participant accepts the principle of fair use, which means that he grants to Greentech.nl a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce whatever he publishes in any medium for commercial or non-commercial purposes as long as attribution is given. Equally other members can quote your material with an accompanying attribution. Should you not want a particular item to be reproduced you must indicate this explicitly. You are directly responsible for everything you choose to publish, whether you have created it yourself or have sourced it from a third party. If you publish anything that someone else considers defamatory or if RAI receives a notification that you have published material without the consent of the copyright owner, RAI will remove your posting immediately. RAI will inform you and the complainant of the action in person
4. The Rules Please read this to understand what defines acceptable behaviour within the Community. Monitoring of these rules can be carried out by any Participant, as well as the Greentech Community Manager and representatives. If you see any content in the Community that is not in line with the Rules you can report this to the Community manager by As a Participant of the Community and user of its discussions he agrees to: 4.1 Manners4.1.1 Not shout at other members by posting in all capital letters.4.1.2 Take care with humour that might work verbally but seems censorious and mean when translated to words on a screen.4.1.3 Present opinions and positions in a tactful and moderate fashion.4.1.4 Consider your use-of-language for those whose first language is not English.4.1.5 Exchange ideas in a civil and measured manner, avoid “flames” (angry, mean-spirited posts).4.1.6 Practice good posting manners and refrain from dominating conversations with endless sequential posts and self-gratifying boasting.4.1.7 Learn to listen to written words and the person behind those words.
4.2. Content4.2.1 Do not post anything unlawful – for example, sending or posting material that is indecent, racist or defamatory, or harassing and threatening.4.2.2 Do not post anything that could be interpreted as self-publicity (including spamming), advertising, selling or soliciting.4.2.3 Do not post anything intended to disrupt or vandalise the service.4.2.4 Do not post any personal details of others, known both in and outside the Community.4.2.5 Do not post any material that infringes any third party legal rights – for example, copyright or other proprietary rights.4.2.6 Do not post any third party material without permission.4.2.7 Find out who else is commenting on the topic and cite them - be generous.
4.3 Responsibility4.3.1 Accept responsibility for all material that you publish in the Community.4.3.2 Accept responsibility for a discussion you have started – to keep it on topic and to freeze it when it has run its course.4.3.3 Always acknowledge the name of the source of any third-party material legitimately quoted or referred to.4.3.4 Do not intentionally misquote another member or a representative of the Community.4.3.5 Do not falsely misrepresent yourself.4.3.6 Do not abuse the facility to send an individual member a personal message.4.3.7 Use the log-out button, especially on a public machine, to minimise intruder access
4.4 Profile4.4.1 Choose your username carefully, preferably first and last name as we are facilitating in professional networking.4.4.2 Do not use a profile photo that is indecent, racist or defamatory, or harassing and threatening.
4.5 Monitoring4.5.1 Report any transgressions to the Greentech Community Manager.4.5.2 Report any misuse of the personal messaging facility to the Greentech Community Manager.4.5.3 Do not misuse the channels for complaint – persistence may result in action by representatives of the Community against your account.4.5.4 Representatives of the Community reserve the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
5. Further informationTo contribute to or comment on these Community House Rules do email the Greentech Community Manager.
6. Terms and Conditions
6.1. LiabilityRAI disclaims all warranties of any kind in regard to information provided on the Greentech.nl website, nor accepts responsibility concerning decisions made by the readers on the basis of this information. RAI shall in no event be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the information here provided.Links to any other website from the Greentech website or reference to any product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation of those sites and the information contained therein.
6.2. Browsing history and IP addressGeneral information on visits to the Greentech.nl website is captured and stored without visitors being identified, also called finger printing. The purpose of this is to improve the quality of the website and users' browsing experience. This information can also be used to put targeted information on the site. This allows RAI to tailor its services to your wishes. RAI also uses your computers IP address for this purpose. The IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you browse the internet. This information can also be used to see how the website is being used and for analysis and reporting purposes.
6.5 The Greentech website and other websitesGreentech.nl contains some links to other websites. However, RAI cannot accept any liability for the handling of your personal data by these parties. For further information, please read the privacy statement (if available) of the website you are visiting.